Well I really wasn’t expecting this. Thank you very much to dysfunctionalspraffer (I am fairly sure that’s not your actual name but I don’t seem to be able to find it) for nominating me! Their blog, which can be found here is beautifully full of ramblings – exactly how I like it! Turns out I wasn’t following them when I thought I was… Thanks again anyway!
From what I gather, this Liebster award is a big community thing in order to promote new or unknown bloggers. The rules are:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them (check!).
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers (only five I’m afraid).
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Okay, moving onto the questions I have been asked by my fellow dysfunctionaller (just pretend it’s a word, okay?):
1. What motivates you most in life? Is it your family, your friends, your own will, the weather?
That’s a very tough question actually… I struggle with motivating myself to do anything at all, which is why I’m glad that I’ve managed to make this blog a regular thing. I think that my friends are probably the biggest influence over me. Not in terms of this blog, as I refuse to let most of them read this, but in terms of actively doing things. If my friends do something and enjoy it, then I am more likely to join in with them than if it was all up to me!
2. What’s the next big thing that you know is going to happen in your life? How are you approaching it?
The end of my school-life. I’m In the final years of my A-levels (I have no idea what the American equivalent is?) and I now need to decide what I want to do with my life. I’m avoiding University like the plague, mainly because I have no idea what I actually want to do with my life. How am I approaching this? By living in the moment… Which involves sitting around doing nothing basically! As was stated in the previous question, motivating myself to do anything, such as make decisions, doesn’t come easily to me.
3. Home or abroad? Why?
Not sure I entirely understand this question… I feel like I’m being really dense, apologies!
4. What do you fear the most? Why do you fear it?
For a long time, I have tried to kid myself that I have no fear (being the really manly man that I am…). Yet now, when I have obviously matured to a stage that is expected of my age, I realise that really I am afraid of quite a lot of things. I think the main thing is a fear of being judged by people you know. In fact, I wrote a blog post about this, which you can find here (I’m enjoying hyper-linking things).
5. What’s the memory you cherish the most? Why?
…Completely stumped here. I’m not the most sentimental person ever. Lemme have a think…
AHA! I have thought of a beautifully terrible memory. The day I finished the Lord of the Rings book for the first time. It was even commented upon how ‘happiness seemed to radiate from me’. The reason this is my most cherished memory (probably not, but it’s the first I could think of) was because when I was younger, I used to detest reading. Like absolutely hated. Avoided it like the plague (again). I’d battled through the first book and then stopped reading due to being a weird child. Then I had to start all over again several years later and it took me at least 3 months to finish all of them. Now though, I am absolutely love it. Read it at least three more times and watched the films countless times. Funny old world, innit?
6. Do you like where you live? What are the best/worst things about it?
Yes and no. I’d be lost without my home and town and friends and so on. Yet at the same time, I do yearn to escape somewhere. That’s partly why next year I plan on getting lots of traveling done, just so I can explore the world and see whether I would actually prefer home or abroad. (does that answer the earlier question, dysfunctionalspraffer?)
7. Do you learn best through doing, listening or seeing? Why do you think that is?
Doing. When it comes to learning, particularly revision for exams, I can’t just listen or look at something. I have to physically write it out again, which I suppose is the closest to doing?
8. Who is the most important person in your life? What makes them so special?
I’m going to have to be cheesy and say my Dad. He sadly lives several hours away from me due to my parents being divorced but he’s always been there for me. We’re so alike as well, everyone picks up on it. I think that the fact that we don’t see each other more than every few weeks makes him even more special to me and I treasure our time together. Wow that was really really cheesy. But true.
9. What’s your idea of a great night?
Now, there are two ways to go with this.
One is the “party-animal” way: a great night is going out with my friends and getting utterly Brandybucked (my made-up term for getting drunk) and forgetting everything that happened during the night. The only clues to it being a collection of inanimate and random objects within our pockets.
The other way is the “inner-nerd” way: a great night is staying in my house, preferably alone, locking the door to my room and watching all three Lord of the Rings films.
10. How would you describe yourself in ten words?
Unctuous to an extent, with a copacetic element thrown in. (10). Boom.
Right, now that’s over (seriously I spent about an hour on that – who knew it could be that hard?), it is time to list the bloggers I’d nominate. I am afraid that I don’t actually follow that many blogs, so I only have five… Here they are anyway:
J.P.W – A fellow LOTR enthusiastic, as well as the first blogger I ever interacted with on here. His posts are well worth a look at.
Sweating to Mordor – This. This is the most fantastic idea for a blog I have ever encountered. I’m also starting to notice a theme with the bloggers I like…
The SkyCorps Blog – I have no idea what it is about this blog that I love. The pictures are stunning for a start, and the writing is also highly enjoyable. Please, check it out and do everyone a favour!
Story Punch! – Mainly deals in reviews of films and books. Quirky, as well as extremely informative. And fun! Can’t forget the fun.
A Young Writer’s Notebook – Not gonna lie, I use this blog to help me build upon the structures of my stories. She makes really keen points which should be obvious but I at least, tend to neglect them without realising!
There are my five blogs who I think deserve this nomination! Ah crap, I need to think of questions now, don’t I…
1. What is your favourite film/movie?
2. What influenced you to start blogging?
3. What is your aim in life? (thought I’d give you a very broad question)
4. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
5. Where do you want to live and why?
6. Can’t believe I’m doing this… My friend wants to know: Who is your favourite teletubby?
7. If you could time travel, what time/date would you travel to and why?
8. What is one feature you like about yourself?
9. Favourite season and why?
10. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
Yay! I have finally done it. There you go, I’m carrying on the crazy community nomination thing. Thanks again to dysfunctionalspraffer for nominating. Their blog can, once again, be found here.
Thank you and goodnight.